Planning a Triathlon: Nutrition Strategy
I can’t help it; there’s a reason why I am studying urban planning. I love plans. City plans, race plans, Friday evening plans: all are great in my book. As the Cleveland Triathlon rapidly approaches (race is on Sunday!), it’s time to plan it out. And just as a good city plan involves many facets (transportation, housing, environment, etc.), so must a triathlon plan.
- Clif bar and/or Larabar for breakfast and some fruit (banana?) and soymilk
- 1 gel, post-swim
- Drink a 1:1 mixture of Gatorade and water during bike
- Eat Gu Chomps during bike
- Depending on how feel, 1 gel before run
- Drink water at the run aid station